We had another fantastic evening at our annual awards dinner at Deer Creek!! The facilities, food and service are always exceptional at Deer Creek and really make for a memorable evening. Many thanks to our hosts Curt and Robin Engler!!!
The weather was colder than it has been in the recent past and the snow tried to spoil the event but it turned out to be a great evening of fun and festivity.
Our President – Brandon Gray – started the evening off with a few comments and thanking everyone for attending.
Following Dinner we started with upcoming events and awards.
- Phil Taxman shared with everyone that he has more racing trips planned:
- Phil will be racing again at Blackhawk Race Track. For those wishing to attend more details will be shared as the event gets closer.
- Phil and Jim Hendrix will also be co-hosting a Rally Event to Bonne Terre Mines this upcoming February 17 th.
- Ken McDade presented the Driving awards:
- The Antique Traveler – Mark Herzog
- Newer Model Traveler – Jim Hendrix
- Mechanic of the Year – Ken McDade
- The Cat Bite Award – Fortunately this award was found and made its way to the dinner however it was not awarded due to no qualifying Cat Bite.
- Terry Carmack presented the Participation Awards (This year we had a tie for 8 th place!)
- John and Meg Sippel
- Jim and Lisa Hendrix
- Brandon Gray and Arvan Chan
- Gary and Diana Schlueter
- Phil and Lupe Taxman
- Terry and Jeanne Carmack
- Tom Loew and Charlotte Bukowski
- Todd and Debbie Dillon & John and Emily Testrake
- Kelly and Sally Waite
Our president – Brandon Gray - gave a few additional comments and encouraged everyone to attend the events planned for 2024!
Congratulations to all of our award winners!
Pictures provided by John Sippel.